Dr. Melanie Walter is a licensed and board certified dermatologist who received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Michigan, her medical degree at the University of Arizona, and her dermatology training at Duke University Medical Center. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and takes pride in her continuing education, ensuring that her patients are getting the latest options for their treatment.
In her spare time, Dr. Walter is an avid traveler and has a passion for provision of care in less developed countries. She has served in several parts of Africa and southeast Asia, and plans to continue these missions throughout her career. She is pleased to participate with Health Volunteers Overseas while also volunteering within her local community for over twenty years.
Dr. Walter Board Certified in Dermatology and is a proud member of the following societies:
- American Academy of Dermatology – Fellow
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society – Member
- Medical Dermatology Society – Member
- Virginia Dermatological Society – Member
- Women’s Dermatologic Society – Member
- Roanoke Valley Academy of Medicine – Member