Dr. Melanie Walter is a licensed and board certified dermatologist who received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Michigan, her medical degree at the University of Arizona, and her dermatology training at Duke University Medical Center. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and takes pride in her continuing education, ensuring that her patients are getting the latest options for their treatment.
In her spare time, Dr. Walter is an avid traveler and has a passion for provision of care in less developed countries. She has served in her local community for over twenty years, as well as in several parts of Africa and Southeast Asia, and proudly supports the Red Cross and Health Volunteers Overseas so that others may do the same.
Dr. Walter Board Certified in Dermatology and is a proud member of the following societies:
- American Academy of Dermatology – Fellow
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society – Member
- Medical Dermatology Society – Member
- Virginia Dermatological Society – Member
- Women’s Dermatologic Society – Member
- Roanoke Valley Academy of Medicine – Member
- American Medical Association – Member
- American Surgical Dermatology Society – Member